Review : Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner (Total Pore Solution 7in1)

11/15/14





Last time I ordered from ibuybeauti, I decided to try out this Etude House toner as I had read a lot of positive reviews about it.

Ingredients
Water, Chrysanthellum Indicum extract, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, Betaine, Sea Water, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolized Hyaluronic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon), Fruit extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran extract, Prunus Mume Fruit water, Uncaria Gambir extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark extract, Sanguisorba Officinalis Root extract, Pelargonium Graveolens extract, Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion) Leaf extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower extract, Chamaecyparis Obtusa water, Pulsatilla Koreana extract, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol.



What it claims...
How I use it
Day & night, after washing my face, I dispense some product on a cotton pad or pat it directly onto my skin.

My opinion
I have a very mixed feeling about this toner.
First of all, as a good-looking-packaging-lover, I just find this one so adorable. The bottle is made of cheap plastic, which I'm usually not a fan of, but it makes the bottle lighter and easier to travel with... You can make it fall as many time as you want, even on your feet (it does happen to me) : no problem.

The product itself is very thin, just like water (maybe tiny bit thicker) and like most toner I have tried out in the past. Before, I didn't even know that some toner were thicker, so it didn't even occure to me that it could matter, but today IT DOES MATTER! When I use it in the morning, I actually don't care as I just pat it directly onto my skin, it's actually great as it get absorbed very quickly. But at night, I would normaly dispense some product on a cotton pad, and then apply on my skin it with the help of my Hitachi Hada Crie. The problem is that when I use that kind of water-like toner with my Hitachi Hada Crie, my cotton pad tends to shred quite quickly and irritate my skin... I could blame the cotton pad instead, but I don't remember experiencing this with my previous thin toners (not as much at least), and after trying quite a lot of different cotton pads, I just came to the conclusion that I should better go for thicker toners in the future. Moreover I don't want to spend 5-6$ on a few better quality cotton pads when I can get a tons just for about 3$ (BUT if you do know some cheap-but-good brand of cotton pads, please let me know!).

Since a lot of people who reviewed this product seemed to complain about its scent, I guess I cannot not talk about it. Like many people said, the toner does have an alcohol scent, but I find it really weak and it dissipates in an instant. For sure, it's not as pleasant as some other skincares that smell fruity or floral, but I don't think it's strong enough for people to be really bothered by it, unless you are VERY (VERYYYYY) sensitive.

About the effectiveness of this toner, I can easily say I'm quite satisfied. It was so cheap I wasn't really excepting anything, but it does a good job at balancing my combination skin. My T-zone produces less sebum and my pores look smaller. It does also help to keep my blackheads and clogged pores under control. It doesn't really help to diminish them, but they don't get worse over time. An exfoliating mask once in a while to clean everything deep inside and this toner will do a fair job at keeping the dirt away from your pores (not indefinitely, but your blackheads won't comeback the next day, as they usually do for me).



To sum up...

Positives
- Very cheap ($7.80 for a 250ml bottle on ibuybeauti, about 15$ for a 500ml bottle)
- Really cute packaging
- Make my skin more balanced
- Reduces sebum secretion
- Tightens pores
- Keeps blackheads and clogged pores under control
- 6 FREE from harsh chemical ingredients

Negatives
- The alcohol scent
- Too thin/water-like (I prefer thicker/richer toners, they're nicer to use and more moisturizing)
- Not effective enough at reducing blackheads and clogged pores

Will I repurchase this product? : I don't think so. I'm not expecting much from a toner, but at least I would like it to be pleasant to use. I may repurchase it (if I don't find any others that are good and cheap enough) at times when I want to spend less money on cosmetics and more on shoes or clothes. ;)

Where to buy this product? : on Sasa or ibuybeauti.


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment