Review : Laneige Original Essence White Plus Renew

7/29/14









Rainy day is review day.
I hope some of you are enjoying the holiday on a deserted island. Having to stay home in the middle of summer kind of sucks.
Anyway, thanks to the rain, I can take some of my time to review a new product I got last month from ibuybeauti : the Laneige Original Essence White Plus Reniew.
ibuybeauti has become my favorite Korean cosmetics online store. They sell such good products, usually cheaper than at any other online stores (like Sasa for example), worldwide shipping is free, and they always give you a bunch of samples (which is not negligible!).

I decided to try out this essence (along with the Etude House Wonder Pore freshner) because for about three monthes, I've been super stressed out because of my final exams, and I've had to deal with dull and uneven skin, breakouts, ... It had got better ever since my exams were over (last month), my breakouts reduced, but it's still hard for me to get rid of all the stress and pressure in just a few weeks. It usually takes me quite a long time to really be able to rest and my skin still looked super dull and "bumpy" when I started to use this essence two weeks ago. 

Ingredients 
Water, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Dipropylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,  Niacinamide, Silybum Marianum Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract, Broussonetia Kazinoki Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba, Resveratrol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter Extract), C14-22 Alcohols, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propanediol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Carbomer, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin,  Ethylhexylglycerin, Tromethamine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Disodium EDTA, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Methyl Methacrylate/Acrylonitrile Copolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

What it claims

"In just 2 weeks, find solutions to 6 whitening concerns with gentle whitening for a complexion 2 tones brighter.




  • 6 functions : decreasing melanin, brightening, making even skin tone, glossiness, moisturizing, and removing blemish.
  • A natural whitening essence that brightens without stimulation.
  • A mild whitening essence with a low-viscosity 4-free formula (no paraben, artificial color, animal ingredients and mineral dust) that comfortably embraces your skin and feathery-smooth suppleness to restore the naturally bright complexion.
  • A whitening essence that melts on skin for a cool and refreshing texture that leaves smoothness and penetrates quickly for a smooth skin texture and an even skin tone.

  • How it works
    A whitening essence that rapidly penetrates skin's surface to even out complexion and reduce skin dullness with its dual brightening effect. Exclusive Melacrusher boosts skin's ability to break down melanin, thereby reducing dark spots and creating a natural radiant glow without the use of parabens, animal ingredients, artificial pigments and mineral oil. Suitable for all skin types.






    How I use it
    Day & night, right after washing and toning my face, I apply a pump of essence, focusing on the T-zone, and follow up with a moisturizing cream.

    My opinion
    First off all, I love the packaging. Actually it's not perfect. It's impossible to tell what quantity of product is left in the bottle and I read some people complaining about the dropper that ends up being useless as it can't get any product once the bottle is almost empty. Nonetheless, the packaging is hygienic and really pretty! It's made of plastic but does have a "high-end" feel which I like a lot.

    Besides, I'm quite pleased with the results of this product. The essence has a fresh milky texture and literally melts into the skin. Its scent is really pleasant and dissipates quickly (people who are sensitive to fragrances shouldn't have any problems). 
    After two weeks of use, my skin is definitly softer and smoother, but also more radiant and even. Even so, do not expect to achieve "2 tones brighter skin in just 2 weeks" as Laneige claims. You will have to be more patient than that to get the results you want.
    Moreover, my skin is more balanced, my T-zone is not as oily as before and I have not experienced any breakout since I started using this essence. The only downside I'd emphasize is that I didn't find it particulary moisturizing, you definitly need to follow up with a good moisturizer.

    To sum up...

    Positives
    - Hygienic and high-end packaging.
    - Lightweight texture that absorbs quicly
    - Smells great 
    - No stickiness (doesn't clog pores) 
    - No greasiness 
    - Keeps pimples away 
    - Makes skin smoother
    - Nice brightening effect
    - 4-FREE formula (no paraben, artificial color, animal ingredients and mineral oil).

    Negatives
    - No drastic change, you'll need to be patient to see results
    - Not moisturizing enough
    - Quite expensive for only 40ml (about $39,20 on ibuybeauti)
    - Can't see how much product is left in the bottle

    Will I repurchase it? : I don't think I'll repurchase this product and keep using it as a part of my daily skincare routine once I finish this bottle, BUT I'll definitly repurchase it from time to time, during my dull-skin-periods where I'm particulary stressed out because of my exams or anything else. 

    Where to buy it? : available on Sasa and ibuybeauti.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment