Review & Swatches : Sleek Sunset i-Divine Palette

8/11/12

Since we are in the middle of summer, I thought it would be a good idea to review an eyeshadows palette that, I think, is a good match for the season : the Sunset i-Divine Palette by Sleek Makeup.

This small and inexpensive palette offers you 12 highly pigmented eyeshadows for you to have fun playing with some bright colours this summer!
It comes up with a full-sized mirror that is quite useful if you don't have time to do your makeup at home, and a double ended sponge applicator. It's said to have best results if applied with the applicator, but I don't find it very convenient.
All the eyeshadows are on the shimmery/mettalic side, except for the black one that is mat, and each colour represents the sea, the sun or the sand.

Although these colours are not very wearable for an everyday work/school look, I think the 6 darker eyeshadows on the left would be a nice choice for night out, while the others that are way brighter would be more appropriate for a daytime look, but you can still mix everything up and create a super fun look to your liking.
For my school makeup, I like to wet my liner brush and use the mat-black eyeshadow as an eyeliner. It's "softer" and more natural than my usual pen or gel eyeliner.
I do think this palette would be also great to use during fall, since most of the eyeshadows matches really well with the leaves' orange-reddish-golden colour.

In the palette I purchased, I like the way the eyeshadows are pressed. They have a nice waffle print, but Sleek has changed this and the eyeshadows are now pressed flat.
It seems they also updated the packaging that is quite a good news, because it is one of the things that disappointed me. Since I also bought the Sleek Oh So Special palette, I would have liked the packagings to be different, but they are not. It's easy to confound them, then I always have to open one of the palette to see if it is the one I want to use, or to put them back in their box.
Moreover, even though the packaging is pretty sturdy, I don't like the fact I have to use some strength to open it. It makes me drop the palette sometimes, but fortunatly it seems I'm lucky enough because the eyeshadows are still intact despite the falls. Pro?


Beside the packaging, there is one last thing that is inconvenient : because of their texture the eyeshadows tend to have fall out, then to prevent having a mess of colours under your eyes and having to do your face makeup all over again, I suggest you to do your eye makeup first, clean up what should not be there and then apply your foundation and concealer!


Here are the swatches I took making sure to make them appear as similar as in reality.


Well, I am pretty sure each of you can find happiness in this small palette :).
As for me, the why I bought this palette was the bright orange eyeshadow and it still my favourite one out of the 12!


Finally here is a quick summary for those in a hurry :)

Pros :

The small and sturdy packaging : easy to travel with in your makeup bag.

Texture of the eyeshadows : super soft and rich (but some people seem to find it harder to apply and spread out).

The price : 8.50€ (about 10$) for 12 eyeshadows is really inexpensive. A really good deal considering the quality of the eyeshadows!

Cons

Same packaging as some other Sleek palettes (easy to confound).

Have to force to open the palette (maybe a product disfunction?).

The eyeshadows tend to fall out during application (Eye makeup first, and then foundation!).

I hope this review have helped some of you, and for those who already have this palette, what is your opinion of it? Would you suggest it or not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment