Review : seatree Marronnier Poaless Waterful Cream

1/22/15





Today I am reviewing a product that will probably interest people with combination to oily skin : the seatree Marronnier Poaless Waterful Cream!

First of all, I have to say that even though my experience with this product was quite disappointing, I still believe this cream is of great quality and should certainly have positive benefits for oilier skin.



What it claims to be for
- Tightening pores
- Calming skin
- Moisturizing
- Regaining elasticity

Ingredients
Marronnier extract ; Witch hazel ; Aloe ; Birch water, Trehalose ; Glycerin ; Chamomile extract ; Chlorella extract : Lavender oil ; Rose oil ; Orange oil.

How I use it 
Every morning, as a base before makeup, after toning my face and applying essence

My thoughts 
This cream will probably feel like heaven for people with oily skin but not for me.

First of all, I found the scent of this cream really pleasant. Nothing too strong or artificial, just very fresh and enjoyable.

Secondly, I love the consistency of this cream, which is like a gel, very watery when applied, and very refreshing. It sinks into the skin right away!

However, if I usually like products that get absorbed quickly, in this case, it didn't feel right.
Indeed, sadly, this cream was clearly not moisturizing enough for me during the day. It would feel nice the first minute after application, and then my skin would feel so tight and crying for some additional nourishment.
I have combination skin, but I also have quite sensitive and dehydrated skin, so whilst I can't use thick cream as they clog my pores easily and thus make my t-zone very oily, I need a cream that can nourish my skin properly and protect it against the harsh weather during the winter.
This product may do the job in warmer weather for people with oiler skin, but for the winter and for dehydrated (combo) skin, it's definitely a no.

Since it wasn't moisturizing enough for me, as I said, my skin felt tight most of the time and my t-zone ended up producing more sebum than usual, which was the total opposite of what I was looking for.
I thus couldn't see much improvement in the size of my pores, but I am pretty sure it would work great on oily skin.





To sum up...

Positives
- Refreshing
- Lightweight gel texture
- Absorbs quickly
- No stickiness
- Pleasant scent
- Reasonable price

Negatives
- Not moisturizing enough*
- Didn't see improvment in pore size*

Will I repurchase it? : Definitely no, *BUT I do recommend it for oily skin, and to use during warm weather.

Where to buy it? : available on ibuybeauti for about $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment