Review : Kuan Yuan Lian Aloe Moisturizer & Aloe Cooling Moisturizer

4/4/13

It seems I'm still not used to having a blog since I can't help but forget to post regularly, then I'm trying to make some efforts and post more often!
Anyway, since my last skincare post I was able to try out some new products that I thought it would be nice to share with you, even if those products aren't that amazing. It's always better to be warned before buying anything!
A few monthes ago, I ordered from Sasa the Kuan Yuan Lian Aloe Moisturizer that I am going to tell you about today. And three weeks ago, I also ordered the Kuan Yuan Lian Aloe Cooling Moisturizer to see the difference between the two.

Here are my thoughts on these two moisturizers.


Kuan Yuan Lian Aloe Moisturizer :

Sasa description
Kuan Yuan Lian Aloe Moisturizer is formulated with multi natural botanical extracts and aloe extract, which are effective in hydrating and nourishing skin. This moisturizer can effectively control excessive oil produced by the skin, restoring the hydro-balanced level on skin. Its light texture can enhance the moisturizer to penetrate across all skin layers with one sooth application. You will feel refreshed and comfortable and your skin will look supple and nourished.

Ingredients : Glycerol, Aloe extract

Suitable for : all skin type

My thoughts :
To make simple and quick. I won't buy this product again. Well, I don't regret trying it, because it was so cheap, and it did nothing bad to my skin, but it didn't improve it either. I just wasted a bit of time.

At first, I liked using it, because it has a funny jelly texture, and the product gave me a nice fresh feeling after applying it, but this nice feeling goes away after two minutes and then my skin starts to feel tight. Actually the product doesn't seem to penetrate. It doesn't moisturize well at all, it's like splashing water on your face, and the only good point I would give to this product is that my T-zone was less oily during the day while using it. Maybe it would be a nice product for people who have very oily skin and who only want to moisturize a TINY bit, but I still think that it's not a very good option. Skin produces sebum (oil) to compensate a lack of moisture, then the best way to fight sebum production is : moisturizing your skin (and drinking a lot of course).

Furthermore, the container is really not convenient. Every time I had to put my finger to get some jelly out of the jar, some product would get stucked under my nail. This packaging wasn't their best idea.





My quick overview :
♢ Skin types : oily skin.
♢ Size : 100mg.
♢ Usage : ☼ & ☾ after toner.

Texture ★★ :
Jelly consistency that turns watery, but doesn't penetrate well.
Scent :
No strong scent, just natural and fresh.
Packaging :  
Plastic jar, most of the product get stucked under my nail. Not convenient at all.
Price ★ :
Really cheap, got it on sale for about 6$ on Sasa
Results
No visible results, not moisturising enough at all for my combination skin! 

Overall :




Kuan Yuan Lian Aloe Cooling Moisturizer :

Sasa description
Kuan Yuan Lian Aloe Cooling Moisturizer is an intensive hydrating product formulated with natural aloe extract, squalane and chamomile, so as to achieve a tri-action of hydrating, nourishing and softening skin. The moisturizer can soften the corneous tissue on epidermis bring nutrients across all skin layers and allow quick penetration and absorption. Its light formula ensures smooth application without feeling greasy and sticky.

Ingredients : Aloe extract, Squalane and Chamomile

Suitable for : all skin type 


My thoughts :
My opinion isn't that different than what I wrote for the Aloe Moisturizer. The Aloe Cooling Moisturizer seems to be exactly the same product in a different container. Same texture, same scent, and almost same/no effects on my skin. As when i used the Aloe Moisturizer, my face was a bit less oily during the day while using the Aloe Cooling Moisturizer, but nothing amazing (doesn't worth buying it again).
I still do prefer the Aloe Cooling Moisturizer though, because it seems to be a bit more moisturizing than the Aloe Moisturizer (but it may be just an illusion, it's barely noticeable, and maybe it's just because the weather is less cold than when I used the Aloe Moisturizer), and the container is a bit more convenient, even if this small plastic bottle has still its cons : because of its jelly texture, the product gets stuck at the bottom of the bottle and after shaking it a little downside, it comes out too quickly. Anyway, I won't buy this product again either. Even if it's very cheap, what's the use of spending 6$ on ineffective skincares. I'll finish the bottle though, so it won't go to waste



My quick overview :
♢ Skin types : oily skin.
♢ Size : 100mg.
♢ Usage : ☼ & ☾ after toner.

Texture ★★ :
Like the Aloe Moisturizer, jelly consistency that turns watery, but that doesn't penetrate completly.
Scent :
No strong scent, natural and fresh (same scent as the Aloe Moisturizer).  
Packaging  
Plastic bottle, it's sometimes not easy to get the product out because of its jelly texture (it get stucked at the bottom of the bottle), but still better than the plastic jar. 
Price ★ :
Really cheap, got it on sale for about 6$ on Sasa
Results
Again, no visible results, but maybe a tiny bit more moisturizing than the Aloe Moisturizer. 

Overall :

I hope this review was helpful for some of you, and please share your own opinion if you had the opportunity to try these two products out.

No comments:

Post a Comment